tl;dr: Pizza recipe i like to make
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons (8g) salt
- 3 cups (319g) flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons (25g) olive oil
- tomato or marinara sauce, preferably homemade
- freshly chopped garlic
- sliced mozzarella cheese, or grated or shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish; optional
- Measure out the flour, and mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until it forms a firm yet supple dough.
- Divide the dough in half, cover it with lightly greased plastic wrap, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Grease two sheets of parchment or waxed paper, and roll out each half of the dough between the two sheets until it’s about 1/8" thick. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and prepare two baking sheets or a pizza stone.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough onto the prepared baking sheets or pizza stone.
- Bake the dough in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, remove it, and add your desired toppings.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the crust is brown.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and let them cool on a rack. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.